Director of BCGlobal Sales & Business Development
Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI) is a dynamic, fast growing international trade consulting and regulatory intelligence firm. We are seeking a director of sales and business development for the firm’s suite of subscription-based databases of global agricultural, food, and beverage technical regulations and related services (BCGlobal).
We are looking for someone who is driven and entrepreneurial; someone who will help us develop and implement a strategy for tripling our database subscription revenue over next few years while maintaining profitability.
This position is Seattle-based and reports to BCI’s executive management.
Though not a comprehensive list, primary responsibilities include:
- With management, establish sales goals, subscriber/client targets, and tactical marketing initiatives;
- Identify new sales channels to increase exposure and generate leads;
- Promptly follow-up on sales inquiries, schedule demos, and ensure estimates are submitted, phone conversations occur as follow up;
- Proactive outreach to sales targets and potential partner organizations;
- Assist in developing sales; tactical, product-specific marketing campaigns (and required materials, print and digital);
- Negotiate pricing and packages with clients and prospects;
- Coordinate with others on staff who can be available to assist with sales, demos and marketing and who do help manage certain accounts;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and prospects;
- Provide feedback from key accounts on desired system upgrades or improvements;
- Participate in team meetings related to BCGlobal subscriptions, databases, data feeds and related services;
- Report monthly to BCI executive management on sales leads and net new business relative to quarterly and annual goals.
Qualified candidates for this position are expected to have a college degree and strong sales and account management experience (5-10 years of experience). A background in the database subscription sales, food sector and/or with policy and regulatory standards is a plus. Subscribers include major multinational companies and governments, and so excellent relationship-building and communication skills are required.
Attention to detail, organization, time management, and diligence are also essential to ensure appropriate follow up to business leads. An understanding and appreciation of other business cultures is critical. Travel (domestic and international) will be required to attend conferences, trade shows, and presentations. Literacy with Microsoft Office and experience with Zoho (similar to Salesforce), and ZenDesk is preferred.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary of $75,000 - $90,000 depending upon experience, plus commission on sales and renewals.
Bryant Christie Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 22.