Paid Internship: International Trade Regulation Research
Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI) is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented student for a paid research internship based in Seattle, Washington.
Among other activities, BCI’s Research and Evaluation team analyzes international regulations applicable to the import of food, beverage, and agricultural products. This information is provided to customers in reports or databases and is also used to inform and improve BCI’s trade policy work and market development activities on behalf of clients.
The selected candidate will support the team’s effort to maintain up-to-date regulatory requirements. Using sources including U.S. Government and U.S. Embassy reporting, foreign government regulations and agencies, international and multilateral organizations, and trade publications, the intern will identify regulations and policies, and changes, relevant to our clients and reflect this information in BCI’s regulatory databases. Additional research and database projects and other duties may also be assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Acute attention to detail and accountability for the accuracy of their work;
- Ability to understand and analyze foreign and domestic technical regulations;
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to produce accurate, clear, and concise summaries of regulatory requirements;
- Persistence, thoroughness, and creativity in conducting research;
- Basic competence with excel spreadsheets and ability to conduct simple quantitative analysis of trade data;
- Willingness to ask questions;
- Literacy in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and other standard applications is required.
This internship is paid and requires 20 hours per week. It will conclude in December 2019, with possible extension through the spring semester. The starting date is negotiable and can precede the start of fall semester. The selected candidate can expect to develop skills and knowledge related to trade, exporting, tariffs, technical barriers to trade, and international business.
Bryant Christie Inc. is a dynamic and growing international affairs management firm looking to build a team of intelligent and dynamic individuals. BCI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, marital, veteran or familial status.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and one-page writing sample by August 15, 2019 to:
Bryant Christie Inc.
1418 Third Avenue, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98101