Account Manager, Market Development
Does the opportunity to travel to international markets excite you? Are you a good project and program manager? A good writer? Do you enjoy client and customer engagement? If so, you may be our next Account Manager.
Bryant Christie Inc. is looking for Account Managers to work directly with food, beverage, and agricultural organizations on their export development programs and initiatives. No marketing experience is required, and while prior familiarity in the Ag/Food/Beverage sector is helpful, it is also not necessary. What matters most is a strategic mindset to help guide and support export growth, an ability to gain the trust of peers, clients and other partners, outstanding writing skills and attention to detail.
What the successful candidate will have:
- College degree (business, economics, international relations, political science, policy, marketing are often a good fit)
- 2 - 5 years of experience in project, program, and/or account management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be diplomatic within the context of various cultures
- Able to manage multiple projects, lead and support teams, and oversee program budgets
What could set you apart:
- Grant writing experience
- Interest in and knowledge of international trade or international business
- Familiarity with the agriculture, food, or beverage sector
- Experience living or working internationally
Location: Downtown Seattle or midtown Sacramento. BCI operates a hybrid model of partial in-office and remote working. Physical presence in the Seattle or Sacramento metropolitan areas is required.
Key Responsibilities of the Account Manager:
- Project management for activities such as trade shows, seminars, trade missions, and promotions
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with government officials, client/industry representatives, importers, retailers, and subcontractors
- Reporting/presentations to program and industry stakeholders
- Grant writing and grant administration related to USDA export assistance grant programs
- Contracting, budgeting, invoice processing
- Domestic and international travel (up to 10% of time)
Salary Range: $60,000 – $80,000 annually, based on skills and experience
Perks and Benefits:
BCI encourages a healthy work/life balance and offers a range of benefits and perks including:
- 10 holidays annually
- Accrued vacation and sick time with rollover
- Generous Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage
- Robust 401K plan with employer matching
- Flexible work hours and hybrid in-office/remote working environment
- 2 paid days off for charitable volunteer work
- Bonuses/profit sharing based on company performance
- Training to support staff development
- Sabbaticals with stipend to be used for international travel in 10th year of service
- Regular team events, annual overnight staff retreat, agriculture/food/beverage field trips, and more
Who is Bryant Christie Inc.?
BCI helps companies and industry organizations throughout the U.S. to eliminate trade barriers, develop new markets, and manage their international government affairs. The work is focused on clients in the agricultural, food, and beverage sectors. BCI offers a unique set of international services that provide strategic solutions combined with a global vision.
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com – Attn: Human Resources.
- Cover letter or brief statement of your interest in the position
- Short writing sample
We read all applications and do not scan them. Please tell us about your capabilities without concern for keywords.
BCI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital, familial or veteran status. Bryant Christie Inc. reserves the right not to fill this position if it is not satisfied with the applicant pool or if business conditions change.