Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI) is accepting resumes for a full-time finance manager with bookkeeping or accounting experience. The position would be in the firm’s Sacramento office. The selected candidate will work directly with food, beverage, and agricultural organizations to manage their participation in United States Department of Agriculture export assistance programs. Among other duties, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing clients’ finances and grant compliance. Core responsibilities of this role include:
• Annual budgeting support;
• Review of invoices for accuracy and grant compliance;
• Client and vendor outreach to clarify and complete backup record (as needed);
• Invoice coding and payment;
• Payment recording and bank statement reconciliation;
• Expenditure and budget reporting for clients;
• Audit preparation and oversight;
• Client presentations on grant program requirements, program year financials, etc.
• Bookkeeping assistance working with BCI’s accounting manager;
• Limited travel to conferences/meetings for compliance training and client relations
Qualified candidates for this position are expected to have:
• A college degree and at least 2-3 years of accounting and/or financial management experience;
• Familiarity with accounting principles and software;
• Outstanding attention to detail;
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
• Ability to work both independently and with client account teams;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Expertise with MS office applications and Adobe Acrobat
Knowledge of ERP software (QuickBooks, Dynamics NAV, Sage, etc.) is helpful but not required. Previous experience or familiarity with federal and state grant compliance is a plus.
This is a full-time position that includes health and retirement benefits following a standard waiting period. Salary level depends on experience.
Bryant Christie Inc. is a dynamic and growing international affairs management firm with offices in Seattle, Washington and Sacramento, California. BCI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital, veteran or familial status.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume by February 28, 2020 to:
Bryant Christie Inc.
1418 Third Avenue, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98101