Grant Management Assistant
Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI), an international affairs firm, is searching for a Finance and Grant Management Assistant. This candidate will handle invoice review and processing, as well as grant writing and reporting for clients’ export market development programs. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail and focus. Excellent written communication skills are also required. Experience with grant programs, spreadsheets, and finances is a plus. This position can be based in either Sacramento, CA or Seattle, WA.
Who is Bryant Christie Inc.?
BCI helps companies and industry organizations throughout the U.S. to eliminate trade barriers, develop new markets, and manage their international government affairs. The work is focused on clients in the agricultural, food, and beverage sectors. BCI offers a unique set of international services that provide strategic solutions combined with a global vision.
- Invoice review and processing for compliance with U.S. government grant programs
- Client and vendor communication to clarify and complete backup record
- Assisting with contract preparation and budgeting
- Payment recording and bank statement reconciliation
- Reporting/report preparation on client financials
- Audit preparation and participation
- Preparation of grant program applications, reports
- Other assignments as requested
What the Successful Candidate will have:
- Detail-oriented, capable of maintaining a high level of focus, and excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, as well as general PC and Adobe Acrobat
- Comfort working as part of a team
- Pride and ownership of work
- College degree
- Familiarity with spreadsheets, data analysis, bookkeeping
- Previous experience or familiarity with federal or state grants and financial compliance
Perks and Benefits
BCI encourages a healthy work/life balance and offers a range of benefits and perks including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401K with discretionary employer matching
- Bonuses/profit sharing based on company performance
- Training budgets to support staff development
- Sabbaticals with stipend to be used for international travel in 10th year of service
- Flexible work hours, telecommuting options, and time off for charitable work
- Weekly happy hours, annual overnight staff retreat, agriculture/food/beverage field trips, and more
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - attention Human Resources. We read all applications and do not scan them, so please tell us about your capabilities without concern for keywords.
BCI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital, familial or veteran status.
Bryant Christie Inc. reserves the right not to fill this position if it is not satisfied with the applicant pool or if business conditions change.