IT Manager / Junior Developer
BCI is accepting resumes for an IT Manager with some development experience in its Seattle office.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Developing new network troubleshooting strategies to reduce downtime and maintenance costs
- Creating strategies for patching and upgrading the company’s network whenever needed
- Staying current with new network technology and report to the executive team as needed
- Working closely with other departments to assess the growth needs of the company’s network
- Budgeting for and proactively managing equipment, hardware, software, and other purchases and upgrades for the firm and staff with assistance from an outside contractor
- Overseeing network security and protecting systems, users, and data from new threats
- Troubleshooting printer, workstation, server, phone, and other IT issues
- Assisting clients with IT-related questions on websites or systems the firm maintains for them
- Maintaining/enhancing/upgrading a small number of ColdFusion and .NET websites and database applications (directly or through contractors)
Perks and Benefits:
BCI encourages a healthy work/life balance and offers a range of benefits and perks with that in mind. Among other things, perks and benefits may include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance for permanent employees
- 401K with discretionary employer matching for permanent employees
- Bonuses/profit sharing based on company performance
- Training budgets to support staff development
- Sabbaticals with stipend to be used for international travel in 10th year of service
- Flexible work hours, telecommuting options, and time off for charitable work
- Happy hours, annual overnight staff retreat, agriculture/food/beverage field trips, and more
- At least 3 years of IT management experience in coordinating and managing budgets related to IT-related projects, equipment setup, software installation/upgrades, etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems (Office 365, Active Directory, and other Windows-based systems), current equipment and technologies, firewall management, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and oversee budgets
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample. We read all applications and do not scan them, so please tell us about your capabilities without concern for keywords. Applications should be submitted to email@example.com - Attn: Human Resources.
BCI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, veteran, marital or familial status. Bryant Christie Inc. reserves the right to not fill this position if it is not satisfied with the applicant pool or if business conditions change.