International Trade Regulatory Assistant
Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI) helps companies and industry organizations eliminate trade barriers, develop new markets, and manage their international government affairs. Our work is focused on clients in the agricultural, food, and beverage sectors. We offer a unique set of international services that provide strategic solutions combined with a global vision.
BCI is accepting resumes for a Regulatory Assistant in its Seattle office on the BCGlobal Regulatory Intelligence Team. This is an entry level full-time position that includes benefits following a standard waiting period. Salary level depends on experience.
Regulatory Assistant Responsibilities
The Regulatory Intelligence Team monitors and analyzes global food safety regulations as they relate to food ingredients, pesticides, veterinary drugs, and contaminants. This information is communicated to clients and compiled into the BCGlobal suite of regulatory databases and services. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitoring for international regulatory updates from multiple sources
- Analyzing foreign and domestic technical regulations
- Entering regulatory information into BCGlobal’s databases
- Performing quality assurance reviews on regulatory data sets
- Researching international food safety policies
- Writing summaries of regulatory updates for clients and for BCI’s Food Additive and MRL News services
- Conducting live database demonstrations and other presentations for clients via webinar or in person
Additional research and database projects, support to senior staff, and other duties may also be assigned.
Because regulatory data entry is a key component of this position, candidates must have acute attention to detail, be accountable for the accuracy of their work, and possess the necessary patience and diligence. Strong writing, research, and analytical skills are also essential, as candidates will be expected to interpret complex regulations and provide accurate, well-written summaries. Proficiency in one or more foreign language and/or experience collaborating with software development teams are not required but are looked upon favorably. A college degree and literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other standard applications are required.
This position involves qualitative analysis of regulatory documents. It does not entail statistical or quantitative data analysis. However, the ability to manipulate data and produce reports using Microsoft Excel and Access, or proficiency in other data visualization tools, would be beneficial.
Perks and Benefits
BCI encourages a healthy work/life balance and offers a range of benefits and perks with that in mind. Among other things, benefits and perks may include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance for permanent employees
- 401K with discretionary employer matching for permanent employees
- Bonuses/profit sharing based on company performance
- Training budgets to support staff development
- Sabbaticals with stipend to be used for international travel in 10th year of service
- Flexible work hours, telecommuting options, and time off for charitable work
- Weekly happy hours, annual overnight staff retreat, agriculture/food/beverage field trips, and more
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org – Attn: Human Resources.
We read all applications and do not scan them, so please tell us about your capabilities without concern for keywords. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
BCI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital, familial or veteran status.
Bryant Christie Inc. reserves the right not to fill this position if it is not satisfied with the applicant pool or if business conditions change.