Market Development Manager
BCI is currently accepting resumes for a market development manager in its Seattle office. The selected candidate will work directly with food, beverage, and agricultural organizations to manage their participation in United States Department of Agriculture export assistance programs, advise on market development strategies, and implement international marketing activities. BCI’s clients conduct a wide range of activities—such as trade shows, technical seminars, retail promotions, social media campaigns, etc.—in countries around the world. This work requires (1) a strong strategic mindset to help guide and support export growth for U.S. agriculture/food/beverage products, (2) the ability to gain the trust of clients and other partners through demonstrated work quality, and (3) outstanding writing skills and attention to detail.
• Partner with clients and industries to develop strategic and activity plans for international market development
• Oversee grant writing, vendor/contractor management, financial processing and budget management, program evaluation and reporting, and client presentations
• Assist clients and in-market stakeholders with implementing activities (e.g. trade shows, seminars, trade missions, retail promotions, etc.) targeting an international audience
• Develop and maintain relationships with government, trade, industry, and international partners to facilitate the successful execution of client marketing strategies
• Represent BCI and clients at conferences, board meetings, strategic planning sessions, trade shows, trade missions, etc., domestically and internationally (approximately 10% travel)
Skills, knowledge and education required:
• B.A./B.S. required, with a preference for degrees in international business, economics, or international relations (advanced degrees preferred)
• Very strong written and oral communication skills; proficiency in a foreign language a plus
• Ability to be diplomatic within the context of various cultures
• Ability to manage multiple projects, lead and support teams, and oversee program budgets
• Familiarity with USDA grant programs/regulations and/or grant writing a plus
• Knowledge of trade and food, beverage, or agricultural sectors (e.g. alcoholic beverages, dried fruits and nuts, fresh fruits and vegetables, etc.) a plus
Bryant Christie Inc. is a growing international affairs management firm with offices in Sacramento, California, and Seattle, Washington. BCI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or familial status. For more information on Bryant Christie Inc., please visit our website at www.bryantchristie.com.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample by February 7, 2020 to:
Bryant Christie Inc.