Mid-to-Senior Front-End Web Developer - Seattle
Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI) is a unique, dynamic, stable, and growing international trade consulting firm seeking Front-End Web Developer candidates for BCI's Technology division that are innovative, experienced, problem solvers and are interested in growing into a leadership position. BCI has offices in both Seattle and Sacramento and the position is available at either location. BCI sees its Technology division as a lucrative area for the firm and is actively engaged in seeking team members and resources to dramatically expand that division.
This successful candidate is one that enjoys wearing many hats and will play a pivotal role in these expansion efforts, serving as an integral part in developing and maintaining Web applications that manage and interpret complex data. Candidates should have experience in interpreting user-driven requirements into secure, maintainable, and flexible application code. The primary stack that BCI is moving towards include Vue.js, C#, and SQL Server. Depending on the project, BCI also has applications that use CanJS, Backbone.js, and React.js.
The Technology division develops Web application systems that contain global regulatory standards affecting agricultural and food trade, as well as databases that help organizations with their international trade efforts. Information about one publicly available application, the BCGlobal Pesticide MRL Database, can be viewed here and is where you can also sign-up for a free starter subscription. BCI is in the process of expanding this system as well as other systems. As such, the firm is looking for a middle to senior front-end Web developer to primarily handle the front-end development, as well as assist with basic .NET development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create new and expand existing Web applications
- Manage and maintain version control policies for Web application systems
- Develop and expand Web services and build complex reports
- Assist with development, testing and debugging of Web APIs
- Take ownership of projects and help the division and company grow
- Engineer straight-forward solutions for complex problems
- Build and maintain strong working relationships within the Technology division, with other internal divisions, and to a certain extent, with external clients
- Meet project deliverables and ensure timely construction of systems
- Write secure and maintainable code
Candidates should have demonstrable experience in the following technologies:
- 2+ years of writing object-oriented code in server-side languages (such as C#, Java, PHP, Node.js, or Ruby)
- 2+ years of interacting with Web APIs and complex databases
- Experience with Git, Node.js, CSS3, and HTML5
- Familiarity with SQL queries and database design
- Great interpersonal/organizational skills, with the ability to perform as a team member
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to converse with non-tech clients
- Self-motivated, with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- College degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 1+ years of experience in Vue.js is a big plus
- Experience or familiarity with CanJS is a plus
- Experience with Full Stack development
- Experience with business intelligence and requirement gathering
- Experience building RESTful Web APIs
This is a full-time position; offsite independent contractors will not be considered. Compensation will be based upon experience.
Benefits / Perks:
Bryant Christie Inc. offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision and long-term disability insurance. A 401K plan is available to all permanent employees. Employer contributions are fully vested after six years. For Seattle staff, the company also offers a transportation subsidy to offset parking or public transportation charges. In addition to salary, BCI team members are eligible for the company’s profit sharing pool.
BCI provides a good work-life balance environment for its employees. In addition, BCI believes in investing in its employees. The company sets aside an annual training budget and encourages staff to use it for courses, training, or conference participation that would improve their skills or efficiencies.
In their tenth year, employees receive an additional three weeks of paid vacation and a $5,000 stipend to be spent in a foreign country. The point is simple. Employees who understand other cultures and who have spent time in other countries will better understand our business, our clients, and the needs of their customers. To date, five employees have secured this benefit and have taken their “sabbaticals” in Spain, Croatia, Turkey, Iran, and even North Korea.
Individuals that are interested in being a part of a growing and dynamic company and learning more about the Front-End Developer position should email a cover letter and resume to:
Bryant Christie Inc. reserves the right not to fill this position if it is not satisfied with the applicant pool or if business conditions change.
Bryant Christie Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital, veteran or familial status.