Project Manager - Web Application Development, BCI Seattle
Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI) is a unique, dynamic, and fast-growing international trade consulting and information firm seeking a talented project manager to add to their growing product team in downtown Seattle, WA. This successful candidate is one that enjoys wearing many hats and will play a pivotal role in expansion efforts, serving as an integral part in developing and maintaining the company’s BCGlobal web application suite that provide end users with complex regulatory data. The ideal candidate will have experience as a generalist in managing Web application projects, with success in coordinating and influencing technical and nontechnical teams.
BCGlobal contains global regulatory standards affecting agricultural and food trade that help organizations with their international efforts. Details about BCGlobal can be viewed here.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, maintain, and drive project estimates, scope, and corresponding deliverables.
- Work to remove any impediments that obstruct the team’s pursuit of its sprint goals.
- Assist with internal and external resource allocation assessments for projects and provide recommendations.
- Manage and facilitate daily stand-ups, grooming, planning, review and retro sessions.
- Manage intake process for new requirements. Facilitate planning meetings for early project requirements gathering.
- Manage multiple project responsibilities across teams simultaneously and effectively.
- Facilitate bug triage and track issue cause, resolution and user acceptance seamlessly using bug/issue tracking tools as necessary.
- Work internal and external teams to generate quality stories and documentation that is easily accessible for all product development activity.
- Provide status reports on project schedule, scope, and budget.
- Take ownership of projects and help the division and company grow.
- Evolve internal project management methodologies and best practices.
- Foster a trusting environment where issues can be addressed without fear of blame or retribution, with an emphasis of problem solving.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a project manager within a technology environment, with a record of successfully delivering complex products and services.
- 3+ years of web application development project management with understanding of Agile and traditional software development methodologies.
- Experience successfully scoping and estimating development schedules, dependencies, and resource allocations.
- Proven ability to facilitate meetings with a variety of participants including customers and engineers.
- Clear understanding of web application development principals and basic architecture.
- Knowledge of triage process and issue tracking, preferably using JIRA.
- Demonstrated business writing and verbal communication skills (writing sample may be requested).
- Experience working with non-technical teams.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have a valid visa to work in the United States.
- Great interpersonal/organizational skills, with the ability to perform as a team member.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to converse with non-tech clients.
- Microsoft, Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certifications a plus.
- Experience influencing both internal and external development teams.
This is an in-house and full-time position; offsite independent contractors will not be considered. Compensation will be based upon experience.
Benefits / Perks
Bryant Christie Inc. offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision and long-term disability insurance. A 401K plan is available to all permanent employees. Employer contributions are fully vested after six years. For Seattle staff, the company also offers a transportation subsidy to offset public transportation charges. In addition to salary, BCI team members are eligible for the company’s profit-sharing pool.
BCI prides itself in a good work-life balance environment for its employees and striving for excellence, offering favorable telecommute and work-from-home options. In addition, BCI believes in investing in its employees. The company sets aside an annual training budget and encourages staff to use it for courses, training, or conference participation that would improve their skills or efficiencies.
In their tenth year, employees receive a sabbatical with an additional three weeks of paid time off and a stipend to be spent in a foreign country. The point is simple. Employees who understand other cultures and who have spent time in other countries will better understand our business, our clients, and the needs of their customers. To date, five employees have secured this benefit and have taken their “sabbaticals” in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
Individuals that are interested in being a part of a fast growing and dynamic company and learning more about the Project Manager – Web Application Development position should email a cover letter and resume to:
Bryant Christie Inc.
1418 3rd Avenue, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98101
Bryant Christie Inc. reserves the right not to fill this position if it is not satisfied with the applicant pool or if business conditions change.
Bryant Christie Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital, veteran or familial status.