Research Analyst: International Trade - Seattle or Sacramento
Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI) is seeking a detail oriented and self-motivated research analyst to carry out qualitative and quantitative research and analysis relevant to the trade of food, beverage, and agricultural goods.
The Research Analyst contributes substantially to the work that BCI delivers for clients, including
- Market Assessments of current or promising international markets for client products
- Competitor Studies to provide global or market-specific intelligence
- Program Evaluations to assess and improve market development programs
- Development and maintenance of customized databases providing exporters with comprehensive regulatory compliance requirements
- Weekly customized BCI Monitor newsletters alerting clients to specific regulatory and trade developments that could impact their business
- Data analyses and dashboard development to support client strategy, planning, and operations
- Research and analysis to support BCI’s market access and market development work for clients
The Research Analyst will engage in a diversity of activities for client-driven work, such as:
- Market research
- Regulatory research
- Trade policy research
- Interview research
- Data analysis using excel
- Creating data visualizations
- Producing comprehensive reports and proposals
- Writing clear, concise newsletter items
- Other duties assigned in support of BCI leadership and activities
The successful candidate must demonstrate a high degree of the following capabilities:
- Research aptitude – the ability to diligently seek out all information needed to thoroughly run a research question to ground
- Analytic skills – the ability to critically analyze data and understand the insights it has to offer, to arrive at a clear understanding of technical regulations, and to bring together quantitative and qualitative information to draw supportable conclusions
- Writing skills – the ability to convey complex or technical information in an accurate, concise, and understandable way
- Attention to detail – accuracy in all data analysis, regulatory analysis, and report writing is critical to our clients’ success and our company’s reputation
The Research Analyst works within a small and highly collaborative team. This entry level position offers early opportunities to lead and own projects. Potential for significant professional growth is supported by opportunities to work on many types of projects, peer mentoring through teamwork, interaction with experienced professionals throughout the company, field trips to industry facilities, and support for training and professional development activities.
Bryant Christie Inc. is a dynamic and growing international affairs management firm. The position will be based in our office in Seattle, Washington or Sacramento, California. This is a salaried position that includes benefits. Salary level depends on experience.
BCI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital, veteran or familial status.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resumé, and short writing sample by July 26, 2021 to email@example.com or to the mailing address listed below. We read all applications, so please tell us about your capabilities without concern for key words.
Bryant Christie Inc.
1418 Third Avenue, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98101
Bryant Christie Inc. reserves the right not to fill this position if it is not satisfied with the applicant pool or if business conditions change.