Research Analyst, International Trade & Regulation
Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI) helps companies and industry organizations to identify promising foreign markets and successfully export their products around the world. Our work is focused on the agricultural and food and beverage sectors. We offer a unique set of international services that provide strategic solutions combined with a global vision. As a BCI Research Analyst, you will provide our clients and BCI leadership with accurate and professional information about worldwide market trends and regulatory requirements.
Research Analyst Responsibilities
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting thorough desk research on foreign regulatory requirements for the sale of food, foreign market trends, and import and export flows
- Monitoring government agencies, U.S. Embassy reporting, international and multilateral organizations, trade press, and other sources for developments in regulations, trade policies, and trade flows
- Drafting clear, concise, and highly accurate summaries regarding market conditions, trade barriers, regulatory requirements, including technical regulations, for inclusion in the customized weekly newsletters and databases that BCI provides for specific clients
- Analyzing data, identifying trends and other insights, and producing effective graphs, charts, and tables for use in BCI reports, presentations, and databases
- Contributing to ongoing process improvement efforts to strengthen the quality and efficiency of our work
- Additional research and database projects and other duties may also be assigned
The research analyst position can be based in BCI’s Seattle or Sacramento office. Both offices have temporarily transitioned to telework due to the coronavirus outbreak and, until further notice, work will be performed remotely. When staff are recalled by senior management, you must be able to report to work at your local BCI office.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full time, salaried position. Salary level depends on experience. BCI offers a range of benefits and perks, which may include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance for permanent employees
- 401K with discretionary employer matching for permanent employees
- Bonuses/profit sharing based on company performance
- Staff professional development plans, supported by a training budget
- Sabbaticals with stipend to be used for international travel during 10th year of service
- Flexible work hours, telecommuting options, and time off for charitable work
- Trivia team, weekly happy hours, annual overnight staff retreat, agriculture/food/beverage field trips, and more.
- B.A./B.S. in policy, business, economics, international relations or similar
- Aptitude and ability to conduct thorough desk research
- Strong writing skills – clear, concise, precise, and efficient
- Acute attention to detail and accountability for the accuracy of your work
- Solid foundational skills in using Excel; Experience using the Microsoft suite
- Time management and the ability to manage multiple deadlines
Desired – any of the following is a plus:
- Experience as a research assistant
- Proficiency in a foreign language
- Advanced Excel skills or data analysis ability
- Knowledge of trade or of food and beverage or agricultural sectors
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample. We read all applications and do not scan them, so please tell us about your capabilities without concern for keywords. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted via email no later than April 10, 2020 to:
Bryant Christie Inc.
Attn: Heather Daveno
BCI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital, veteran or familial status.
Bryant Christie Inc. reserves the right not to fill this position if it is not satisfied with the applicant pool or if business conditions change.