Research Analyst: International Trade Regulation Research and Reporting
Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI) is seeking self-motivated and detail-oriented candidates to carry out research and reporting on international markets, economies, and regulations relevant to the trade of food, beverage, and agricultural goods.
The selected candidate will have responsibility for producing reports and updates that appear in the firm’s customized trade databases, newsletters, and other delivery formats.
An important cornerstone of our company's regulatory work is the continuous monitoring of regulatory and trade policy developments. Among other activities, BCI's Research & Information Services business unit analyzes market dynamics, tariffs, trade policy, and global regulations related to exports from the U.S. and other countries.
The selected candidate will support the business unit and company through the following activities:
- Monitoring multiple sources – e.g., foreign government regulations and agencies, reporting from U.S. government agencies and U.S. embassies, international and multilateral organizations, trade publications – for international regulatory changes that are proposed, pending, or implemented.
- Analyzing foreign and domestic technical regulatory developments and trade policy developments to determine relevance to our clients
- Understanding foreign and domestic regulations and policies and producing well-written reports and summaries that provide accurate, clear, and concise regulatory information drawn from approved source materials.
- Assisting with the compilation and electronic distribution of the BCI Monitor newsletters each week.
- Additional research and database projects and other duties may also be assigned.
The selected candidate will be part of a team of analysts that maintain our customized trade databases.
Strong writing skills are essential, as candidates will be expected to interpret complex regulations and provide accurate, well-written summaries. Time management and the ability to meet deadlines is critical. Candidates must have acute attention to detail and be accountable for the accuracy of their work.
Bryant Christie Inc. is a dynamic and growing international affairs management firm with offices in Seattle, Washington and Sacramento, California. The position will be based in our Seattle office. This is a salaried position that includes benefits. Salary level depends on experience.
BCI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital, veteran or familial status.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resumé, and one-page writing sample by September 30, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Research Analyst" in the subject line, or send by postal mail to the address below. We read all applications, so please tell us about your capabilities without concern for keywords.
Bryant Christie Inc.
1418 Third Avenue, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98101