Mid-Level SQL Developer with .NET Experience
Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI) is a unique, dynamic, and fast-growing international trade consulting firm seeking Mid-Level SQL Developer candidates that also have .NET experience for BCI's Technology division. Ideal candidates are those that are innovative and experienced problem solvers, have a background working with MS SQL Server, interested in building new systems as well as maintaining a growing infrastructure, and growing into a leadership position. BCI has offices in both Seattle and Sacramento and the position is available at either location. BCI sees its Technology division as a lucrative area for the firm and is actively engaged in seeking team members and resources to dramatically expand that division.
This successful candidate is one that enjoys wearing many hats and will play a pivotal role in expansion efforts, serving as an integral part in developing and maintaining Web applications that manage and interpret complex data. Candidates should have experience in interpreting user-driven requirements into secure, maintainable, and flexible systems and application code.
The Technology division develops and maintains online application systems that contain global regulatory standards affecting agricultural, food and beverage trade, as well as databases that help organizations with their international trade efforts. BCI currently expanding this system as such, the firm is looking to expand its in-house capabilities in its backend and middle-tier development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect and engineer create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) procedures
- Write and modify complex database procedures to meet specifications
- Test, debug, and performance tune SQL procedures and objects
- Assist with database design, maintenance, and optimization
- Manage and maintain version control policies for database systems
- Help create new and improve existing .NET applications
- Develop and expand Web services and build complex reports
- Take ownership of projects and help the division and company grow
- Engineer straight-forward solutions for complex problems
- Build strong working relationships within Technology and other divisions/teams, as well as external clients
- Meet project deliverables and ensure timely construction of systems
- Write secure and maintainable code
Candidates should have demonstrable experience in the following:
- 4+ years of experience in database development with SQL, writing complex stored procedures and functions, data modeling, and relational database design
- 2+ years of experience in database architecture, maintenance/backups, and performance optimization
- Experience with .NET development and a SQL Diagnostic Manager tool is a plus
- Great interpersonal/organizational skills, with the ability to perform as a team member
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to converse with non-tech clients
- Self-motivated, with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- College degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Experience with business intelligence and requirement gathering
- Experience building RESTful Web APIs
This is an in-house and full-time position; offsite independent contractors will not be considered. Compensation will be based upon experience.
Benefits / Perks
Bryant Christie Inc. offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision and long-term disability insurance. A 401K plan is available to all permanent employees. Employer contributions are fully vested after six years. For Seattle staff, the company also provides a transportation subsidy to offset parking or public transportation charges. In addition to salary, BCI team members are eligible for the company’s profit-sharing pool.
BCI provides a good work-life balance environment for its employees. In addition, BCI believes in investing in its employees. The company sets aside an annual training budget and encourages staff to use it for courses, training, or conference participation that would improve their skills or efficiencies.
In their tenth year, employees receive an additional three weeks of paid vacation and a financial stipend with restrictions that the three weeks must be used consecutively and that a portion of the time must be spent in a foreign country. The point is simple. Employees who understand other cultures and who have spent time in other countries will better understand our business, our clients, and the needs of their customers. To date, five employees have secured this benefit and have taken their “sabbaticals” in Spain, Croatia, Turkey, Iran, and even North Korea.
Individuals who are interested in being a part of a fast growing and dynamic company and learning more about this position should email a cover letter, samples of work, and resume to email@example.com.
Bryant Christie Inc. reserves the right not to fill this position if it is not satisfied with the applicant pool or if business conditions change.
Bryant Christie Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, veteran, marital or familial status.